Thinking of immigrating to Canada but not sure of the documents that will be needed? This post is meant to give you an idea of the documents you will be needing before entering Canada.
I am sure by now, you already know that immigrating to Canada involves a lot of processes. First, there’s you choosing your preferred program, applying and a lot more.
Now, just like every other country, there is a port of entry. A port of entry (PoE) is a place where entry can be made lawfully into a country from another.
There are different ports of entry through which you can enter into Canada. This however, depends on where you can coming from.
Regardless of which port of entry you are going through, as long as you are lawfully entering into the country, some documents will definitely be needed. You don’t want to go through the process of traveling to Canada without an idea of the documents needed and that’s where this post comes in.
Just like when you were applying to quality for immigration into Canada, you’d need a moderate amount of paperwork and examinations before you can be granted entry into Canada through one of its ports of entry.
In this article, we will be looking at the documents you will need before entering Canada.
Let’s begin, shall we?
Before then, there are a few things to note:
- Genuine and Eligible Documents: Regardless of the immigration program you choose to immigrant with into the country or whatever had transpired during the course of the immigration process, your documents will be checked for genuineness and eligibility for the program you are going through.
- Health Status: This isn’t exactly a surprise and shouldn’t come as one. It’s a known fact that most immigrants passing through Canadian ports of entry will have their health status checked to see if they meet the health requirements of Canadian immigration laws.
- International students: Adequate clearance from the officials in charge or the port of entry is required for international students. This is done regardless of whether or not, you are coming in to the country as a student for the first time, or you are returning. These students are also required to submit their acceptance letter into the school they will be attending. This should also be communicated to the border service officer.
- Immigration with belongings: If you plan on passing through a port of entry into Canada with your goods and belongings, you will be required to disclose what type of goods they are. A Canada border Servicer declaration card will be presented for you to fill.
Documents and Paperworks Required
Below are the required documents and paperworks before being granted entry into Canada.
- Port of entry letter
- Proof of minimum income threshold
- Letter or introduction from the Canadian embassy or visa office (international students).
- Proof of health insurance
- Temporary resident visa (residential permit)
- Passport photograph
Optional documents needed
The following are optional and may or may not be needed depending on the situation of things.
- Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
- Return ticket from Canada
- Declaration of personal belongings (names and worth)
- Supplementary questions.
That’s it. That’s all you need to know at this time regarding the documents required before entering Canada.